Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT) notification is released by Indian Air Force to fulfill recruitment in Flying Branch, Technical Branch & Ground Duty Branch for various Posts. Find AFCAT 2015 Exam details, age limit, education, experience and other eligibility criteria by official source.
About: Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT)
Air Force Common Aptitude Test is conducts twise in year ie, in the months of June and December. Through AFCAT, candidates are recruited at various posts in Air Force. AFCAT is only one of the steps involved in the entire selection process for getting selected as an officer in the IAF. On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for Services Selection Board for Testing.
Candidates are advised to go through the notification carefully before filling the AFCAT online Application Form. Eligible candidates (both Male & Female) may apply for online Air Force Common Aptitude Test.
AFCAT Opportunity and Exam Notification for year 2015
1. Flying Branch
- No. 200/16F/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 200/16F/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
2. Technical Branch
- No. 199/16T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 199/16T/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 199/16T/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
3. Ground Duty Branch
- No. 199/16G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 199/16G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men)
- No. 199/16G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for Women)
Age Limit: As on 01/07/2016 years.
- Flying Branch – 19 to 23 years.
- Technical Branch – 18 to 28 years.
- Ground Duty Branch – 20 to 27 years.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should completed:
- Flying Branch – Bachelor degree such as BE/ B.Tech with 60% marks.
- Technical Branch – Engineering course with 60% marks in stream of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electronic engineering from recognized institute.
- Ground Duty Branches – Graduation with 60% marks or Post Graduation with 50% marks in any stream from recognized university.
Follow the notification of AFCAT 2015 for eligibility details.
Selection: Candidates will be selected based on the performance in AFCAT & Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
How To Apply: Candidates seeking Government jobs in Air Force for the above mention posts may apply online through website www.careerairforce.nic.in
Last date to apply online 23/07/2015
Date of AFCAT & EKT Exam: 13/09/2015 (Sunday)
Date of Commencing of Course: July 2016.
For updates on AFCAT visit official webpage: http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/index.asp
AFCAT 2015 – Syllabus & Example of Questions
The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
For AFCAT scheme of syllabus and examples of questions Click here
AFCAT 2015 – Admit Card Download
Once Admit card & Identity card is generated by AFCAT Cell, candidates have to log on to our website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Go to the link CANDIDATE LOGIN and enter your “user id” and “password”. Click on the option GENERATE ADMIT CARD.
AFCAT 2015 result when declared will be uploaded on the official website of Indian Air force www.careerairforce.nic.in Candidate to visit the website regularly.